Accounts Assistant | Chesterfield | Part time, 25 – 30 hours pw | £20,000 – £26,000 (pro-rated) | Fully remote
Long-standing, expanding SME (sub £5m turnover) based in Chesterfield are looking for an experienced Accounts Assistant to join their team amidst a period of growth and expansion.
This company can offer true flexibility in a friendly, down to earth team, with a fully remote working offering (very occasional travel to office, 1-2 times per month). This would be a fantastic role if you are looking for a new challenge with sensible work life balance or searching for broad experience in a supportive environment alongside studying AAT.
You will work directly with a highly approachable and knowledgeable Finance Manager and Finance Director, taking responsibility for transactional aspects of the finance function across Purchase Ledger & Sales Ledger along with aspects of Credit Control.
As the business continues to grow there will involvement in added value projects such as system and process implementation, and modernisation of existing processes and controls.
Your remit will include:
- Inputting purchase invoices
- Processing sales invoices
- Assisting the Finance Manager with month end requirements
- Matching GRN to invoices
- Bank reconciliations
- Cash allocation
- Supplier statement reconciliations
- Credit control
- Liaising with suppliers and customers to resolve queries whilst building strong working relationships
- Ad-hoc duties as required.
The ideal candidate will be:
- Experienced within a similar purchase ledger/ sales ledger role
- Reliable with the ability to work autonomously
- An excellent communicator, with the confidence to liaise and build strong relationships with internal and external stakeholders at all levels
- A strong problem solver, with the initiative to be proactive in query resolution
- Highly organised with strong time management skills
- IT literate (experience with Sage is also desirable)
- Motivated, with a passion for continuous improvement and strong process control
This is genuinely a fantastic role for someone looking for a new challenge in a busy environment, with future progression available and the opportunity to expand their existing skill set.
If you would like to be considered for the Accounts Assistant role, please click ‘apply now’ or contact our team direct.