Hemmersbach provides IT infrastructure services in more than 190 countries with 50+ own subsidiaries. We deliver exclusively for the leading companies in the IT industry. As pragmatic problem solvers, we not only enthuse our customers, but also make the world a better place: 20% of our profits go into our Direct Actions Hemmersbach Rhino Force and Hemmersbach Kids’ Family. That’s why Hemmersbach is The Social Purpose IT Company.
IT Field Service Engineer
With hundreds of support engineers on many customer sites, it is inevitable that in times of expansion, or when extra help is needed, our National Operations team is called upon to save the day. As a centrally managed team, the National Operations field engineers operate autonomously from a specific client, supported throughout by a dedicated dispatch team and Service Delivery Manager.
You may have a variety of tickets to resolve throughout the day with several clients or have the opportunity to stay longer to resolve specific issues over a number of days. The variety of your working week is what makes the field engineer such a valuable member of Hemmersbach.
Principally, you will be supporting deskside, Network, software & print, and be helping teams that are working with many of the world’s biggest clients
Working within a designated support area, we provide you with all you need, from company van/car, to mobile phone, laptop, oyster card, tools etc. Beyond the occasional exception, which may involve a more remote client site, you’ll enjoy a normal Monday-Friday, 40hr week with us.
What we look for:
- Previous experience in the delivery of IT support services, ideally within the field.
- Comfortable in a number of deskside technologies.
- Confidence in addressing break/fix issues – Typically supporting PCs / Laptop
- Any Apple OSX, IoS and Mac experience would be desirable but certainly not essential.
- Due to the varied nature of the role, it may be subject to enhanced referencing or vetting.
What we offer:
- A highly regarded team member within an exponentially growing international company
- Variety: exciting projects and challenges daily and with autonomy
- Team Spirit: strong team spirit and a great working atmosphere in a friendly team
- Openness: Direct and informal communication even at management level
- Career Opportunities: Great possibilities for professional, personal and language training
- Initial Help: buddy programme to help you get started, a welcome pack included
- A support package that typically includes: pension, medical cash plan, company vehicle, fuel-card, Mobile phone, Laptop and equipment, as well as additional co-funded benefits.
Would you like to join our team?
Please send your CV, together with your availability to interview and salary expectations.