Published on September 29, 2016
for a 2017 Health Insurance Marketplace® plan is almost here.
Starting November 1, 2016, you can sign up for 2017 health insurance (with coverage starting as soon as January 1, 2017) at HealthCare.gov. That’s just about a month away! You’ll be able to preview plans and prices for 2017 shortly before then.
5 tips to prepare for 2017 Open Enrollment
- Get a quick Marketplace overview. If you’re new to the Marketplace, this single health coverage overview page tells you what you need to know and provides links to more.
- Mark key dates on your calendar. Learn about the key dates and deadlines to make sure you’re covered January 1.
- Make sure you have everything you’ll need to apply. Use this simple health care checklist (PDF) to gather the documents you’ll need to complete your application.
- Stay up-to-date with the latest health care information. Sign up for email and text message reminders to get important health coverage information.
- Learn how to pick a health insurance plan that’s right for you. Choosing a health plan can be complicated. Knowing just a few things before you compare plans can make it simpler.